About Me

My photo
Norwegian Sea
A South African's thoughts and experiences up north

Friday, May 13, 2011

The Return

Milldaz of the North returns for a one-off, two week long blogging endeavour.  Yesterday I set sail from the northern Norwegian town of Tromsø on board the Danish vessel Dana.  Our mission: to find herring.  So far, mission completely unsuccessful. Fortunately, this doesn't affect what I get paid.

This is where we are going:
The Survey Track
The Dana track is marked in Red, and we are now on the second leg from stations 13 to 22 (northern part).  We peak at about 75°N.  At the moment we're at 71°N and there is no night.  It is about 4 degrees outside, not taking into account the bitterly freezing wind.  Definite cold for summer.

Over the next couple of weeks I will post some observations and stories from my trip.  Though I am on a scientific research cruise, this blog is not particularly scientific.  I will exaggerate in parts for effect, and to add entertainment value.  Partly to entertain you, but mainly to entertain myself.  I have nowhere else to go for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment